Terms & Conditions
Here’s the boring bit… sorry.
Despite the jargon below, please remember that we are a small British company committed to offering our customers fantastic art and antiques and the best possible service. We wholeheartedly support all UK consumer rights and data protection regulations. If you encounter any problems, get in touch and we will do everything we can to find a solution.
TERMS OF TRADE
Acceptance of the Terms of Trade
2. Please read these Terms of Trade carefully as they contain important information, including information on warranties and limitations of liability. By placing an order through the thrilledkitty.com website you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these Terms of Trade.
Amendment to the Terms of Trade
1. Thrilled Kitty has the right to amend these Terms of Trade from time to time to comply with law or to meet its changing business requirements. Any amendments to the Terms of Trade will apply to any order registered after the amended Terms of Trade come into effect and are posted on the thrilledkitty.com website.
Definitions and Application
1. In these Terms of Trade, “Thrilled Kitty”, “us”, “we” or “our” means Thrilled Kitty, “the Site” means “thrilledkitty.com”, “you” and “your” means you, the individual who is ordering the Products, the “Products” means any items which may be ordered on the thrilledkitty.com website and the “Product Subtotal” means the sum of the price of each Product ordered as indicated on the thrilledkitty.com website at the time of submitting the order.
1. The Products covered by these Terms of Trade are those presented on the thrilledkitty.com website, subject to availability.
2. Thrilled Kitty will use its best efforts to ensure that any photograph of any of the Products presented on the thrilledkitty.com website is as accurate as possible. Please note, however, that the representation of the Products as produced/displayed by your computer screen may differ from the exact Product.
1. Thrilled Kitty will use reasonable endeavours to dispatch your order as quickly as possible. Please allow at least 7 days for delivery (excluding weekends and holidays). If your order has not arrived by this time, please contact us so we can investigate.
2. You will be informed by email when your order has been dispatched. Delivery is handled by a third party and Thrilled Kitty has no control over how long an item takes to arrive. Should an item be delayed, you must wait the obligatory waiting period (which starts on the due delivery date) set by the carrier before an item can be considered lost. In most instances the waiting period is 10 business days for delivery addresses in the UK, 20 business days for addresses in the EU and 25 business days for all other delivery locations.
3. If an item is lost during transit, Thrilled Kitty will refund to you any payment in full after the full waiting period has elapsed.
1. Thrilled Kitty reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order. In such case, Thrilled Kitty will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable, providing you with the reasons for such refusal, and refund to you any payment in full.
2. Once Thrilled Kitty has accepted your order, an order confirmation email will be sent to you at which point these Terms of Trade will become binding on you and Thrilled Kitty.
Prices and Payment
1. All prices on the website are in pounds sterling. Prices are subject to change without notice. The price applicable to any order is the price indicated on the thrilledkitty.com website at the time of submitting the order.
2. The amount payable to Thrilled Kitty for an order will be the total of the following amounts:
(a) the Product Subtotal;
(b) the cost of delivery as stated at checkout.
3. You must pay the order amount by either Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, American Express or PayPal at the time of submitting the order. Payments will be made through the secure PayPal system, which uses the SSL “Secure Socket Layer” protocol, so that all information is encrypted by software and no third-parties may have access to this information during the processing of your payment for the Products.
1. The Buyer agrees to indemnify Thrilled Kitty against any claims, losses, liabilities, damages and/or expenses incurred by the use of products sold by Thrilled Kitty.
2. Thrilled Kitty will only be responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a natural and foreseeable consequence of Thrilled Kitty breaching its obligations under these Terms of Trade, but Thrilled Kitty is not responsible for loss or damage that was not foreseeable, such as for damages resulting from the use of the Internet including the loss of data, any intrusion, virus, service disruption or other unintended issues.
3. Thrilled Kitty reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to take any of the following measures if you fail to make a payment in accordance with these Terms of Trade:
(a) withhold the supply of and dispose of the Products requested in the order,
(b) refuse to deal further with you, and Thrilled Kitty will not be liable to you for any loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from any such action.
4. You have sole responsibility for determining the suitability of the Products for the purposes for which you intend to use them.
5. The Products are supplied for domestic and private use only. Thrilled Kitty shall not be liable for any losses relating to any business of yours, for example, lost revenue, income or profits, lost data or any interruption to your business.
6. Subject to the following “Warranty” clause, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of Thrilled Kitty for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of Thrilled Kitty breaching its obligations under these Terms of Trade or other duty is limited to a refund or replacement of the relevant Products.
1. As a consumer you have certain legal rights, including legal rights relating to any Products that are faulty or not as described. Nothing in these Terms of Trade will affect these legal rights.
2. If you receive a Product that is not of satisfactory quality, you can contact Thrilled Kitty for a replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund.
Your right to cancel the purchase
1. If you wish to cancel an order, please contact us as quickly as possible. If your order has not already shipped, a full refund will be issued. If your order has already shipped, arrangements can be made for return.
2. Some Thrilled Kitty Products are custom made as and when an order is placed. These Products are exempt from current EU Distance Selling legislation regarding cancellation and refunds and you do not have the right to return these Products. Products that are custom made will be clearly marked as such in the Product description.
3. As a consumer, you have the right to return non-custom made Products, without any reason, within 14 working days from the receipt of the Products.
4. If the return of the Products is not because of a product defect or an error committed by Thrilled Kitty, you will have to pay the shipping charges for the return of the Products. Thrilled Kitty is not liable for damage or loss of goods during return transit to Thrilled Kitty; we strongly recommend that returned Products are sent using a service that is tracked and insured to a sufficient value, as you will need to claim from the courier if the Product is not received by us or arrives damaged.
5. If you exercise this right to return the Products, you will return the Products ordered, in a state fit for their resale and in their original packaging.
6. Once Thrilled Kitty receives your Products, Thrilled Kitty will inspect it and notify you of receipt of your returned Products and the status of the refund. Upon receipt and inspection of items, if it is clear that you handled the Products more than was necessary to decide if they were suitable, the order is exempt from replacement or refund.
7. Thrilled Kitty will refund you within 14 days of our receipt of the returned Products.
Refunds and Returns
1. Only Products purchased on the thrilledkitty.com website can be returned to Thrilled Kitty for a refund or an exchange. Products purchased in an antiques shop, art gallery or elsewhere must be returned to their original place of purchase.
2. You are responsible for the shipping costs incurred when sending the Products back to Thrilled Kitty; we strongly recommend that returned Products are sent using a service that is tracked and insured to a sufficient value.
3. Should a Product be damaged while it is being shipped to you, Thrilled Kitty will provide you with a full refund or exchange. Return postage will be refunded in case of damaged, defective or incorrectly sent Products and a refund will be issued through the method used for payment.
4. In all cases, original proof of purchase must be provided and Products must be returned within 14 days of receipt for Thrilled Kitty to process any refund or exchange. Please contact us in advance of your intention to return or exchange a Product so that we can assist you with a smooth transaction. A clear photograph of any damage or defect will be helpful.
5. Please retain your postal receipt until you are certain your parcel has been safely received by Thrilled Kitty. Thrilled Kitty is not liable for damage or loss of goods during return transit.
6. We will do our best to process returns within 10 working days of receipt and a refund will be issued through the method used for payment.
1. If Thrilled Kitty is delayed, hindered in, or prevented from performing any of its obligations by reason of any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control, Thrilled Kitty will have no liability to you in respect of such non-performance and the time for performing the same will be extended until the event or circumstance has ceased.
Other important terms
1. Thrilled Kitty may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms of Trade to another organisation.
2. These Terms of Trade are between you and Thrilled Kitty only. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of these Terms of Trade.
3. If any term in these Terms of Trade is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court or competent authority, the remaining terms will remain in full force and effect.
4. If you break these Terms of Trade and Thrilled Kitty takes no action, this does not mean that Thrilled Kitty has waived its rights against you. You will still have to comply with these Terms of Trade. Any waiver must be agreed by Thrilled Kitty in writing.
Information Provided & Use of this Web Site
1. The content of the Site is for your general information only. It is subject to change without notice.
2. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Your use of any information or materials on the Site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through the Site meet your specific requirements.
4. From time to time, the Site may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).